Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Richmond Hill Arts Award



I was honoured this evening to be the Richmond Hill Arts Award recipient for mid career/established Artist at the 2019 Cultural Summit. I received a cheque for $1000 and a beautiful engraved glass award. I would like to thank the city of Richmond Hill and in particular the cultural team for making Richmond Hill a wonderfully supportive community in which to live.

My nominator and model for several of my recent portraits, Garry Sugden, video' d me yesterday evening while I gave my acceptance speech and was presented with the Richmond Hill Arts Award by Mayor Dave Barrow. Thank you, Garry Sugden. It is a lovely way for my friends from around the world who were unable to be there, to be part of the evening. For those of you getting this blog post via e mail. Please click on this link https://emotiveexpressions.blogspot.com/2019/03/richmond-hill-arts-award.htmlto see the video.



Thank you to the city of Richmond Hill once again and especially to the cultural department for your support and encouragement.


Photo credit: The City of Richmond Hill Cultural Department

2 comments:

  1. I know I congratulated you on your facebook post as many hundreds of others have done also but I just had to offer my congratulations here too

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your wonderful success. NB

    ReplyDelete