Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Bah Humbug!


It's time to decorate your home for the Holidays. You get out the lights and check each one...all are working beautifully so you carefully hang them up. Then you gather the family to watch the magic 'turning on of the lights' only to find one light not lit up. Bah Humbug! 

I usually work with a very limited palette when I paint so tackling this painting was a huge step outside my comfort zone... so many colours so close together EEEK!!! for someone  for whom colour and emotion is so closely intertwined it was a challenge not to get overwhelmed as I painted it. It was fun to do though. Thank you Garry for allowing me to take the photo that inspired this painting.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it. Remember, it is the light within you that is what your friends and family like about you. So don't stress about all the external trimmings.

Transparent Watercolour  17. 5 by 12 inches.

2 comments: