Monday, October 3, 2016

Leaf me be

There are times in our lives when we just need to take a break, to disconnect, to figure things out. At these times we need to be alone. We don't need to be comforted by others, we just need a quiet moment to take things in, all that has been, time to pull ourselves together again, or time to just let go.

'Leaf me be' Transparent Watercolour 20 by 28 inches

Creating this painting at my busiest time of year, for me has been my time out, my alone time, just me and my brushes, time for me to gather my thoughts. It has just been an odd hour here and there over the last few weeks but my 'alone time' with my brushes during these odd moments was just what I needed. 

Make sure you take the time out to take care of yourself however busy you are. You deserve it.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting how you did the leaves in silhouette on the right, Ona. Care to share your technique? Lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billie, its just layering of colour, one colour at a time. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Ona! The sentiment behind the boy's painting is so right on- something we all need to do once in a while.

    ReplyDelete