Sunday, October 1, 2017

IWS Canada

I had the enormous pleasure of being part of the team of 4 jurors for IWS Canada's Canada 150 celebration exhibition. With over 1450 entries it was a task that took us over a week to complete. Since then I have been working on creating this video of the 150 finalists. I hope you will enjoy seeing it.



 You know, as a juror, you are going to disappoint far more than you can make happy and that it won't be possible to accept many excellent paintings especially in a situation such as this when we could only accept 150 out of 1450. It was such a huge pleasure though to look through and study in detail so many beautiful works of art though and it has certainly inspired me as an artist to strive to work more on areas in my own work and improve. What I enjoyed most about this experience though was how the world united and helped our beautiful country to celebrate its 150th birthday. It truly was a wonderful experience.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this video of the winners. I am sure it was an incredibly difficult job to pick them but WOW what wonderful art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was. There were so many incredible paintings submitted.

    Ona

    ReplyDelete