Saturday, March 15, 2014

'The Teds' help to bring a little Sunshine

I am currently working on two projects. One is in the planning stages but is a very exciting opportunity for me as an artist. It involves me designing and painting the illustration for the front cover of an important publication.  I will let you know more about this as the project progresses further.

The second project that I am working on is something that actually began back in November of last year when I agreed to help raise money for The Sunshine Foundation of Canada. The Sunshine Foundation of Canada is a national charitable organization that makes dreams come true for children with severe physical disabilities or life-threatening illnesses. There was a local TV auction back in December and perso with the highest bid won the opportunity to work with me in developing an idea for my next Ted painting.  One of their own Teds can be used as my 'model' for the painting. I can also incorporate a selection of objects that hold a special meaning for them into the painting. They might even be able to feature in the painting too and help create its story.

My lucky winner Helen has been wonderful to work with so far.  Over the last couple of months we have been communicating by e mail and have met on a couple of occasions too. Over the last week she has loaned me some very special things to photograph that I am going to try to encorporate into  the painting. This is a quick photograph of the Teds and other objects just after I unpacked them.


Aren't the two old Teds gorgeous? There are two because Helen has a twin sister. You can see both of them as young children in the photo within the photo. The Teds are their two very well loved childhood Teds.  In the photo you can also see a heart shaped locket and a pocket watch both of which also hold dear memories for them. I can't wait to draw everything out so I can begin to bring our idea to life on the paper.

Don't forget to pop back or even better sign up for e mail notification on this blog so you dont miss updates on my progress with  this Ted painting and my other project. I am going to include a direct link to The Sunshine Foundation of Canada's donation page each time I post an update on the Ted painting.


If you enjoy the Ted series please donate a little to help dreams come true for these children, their Teds would be very greatful if you did!  So Donate here and be a dream maker!

Ona

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea to use your oh so popular Ted series to help raise money for such a good cause. I will certainly donate a little. Really looking forward to watching your progress

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for makig me smile Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete