Monday, January 21, 2013

You are the Sunshine of my Life

It was the words of Stevie Wonder's song and the wonderful personalities of my two subjects that inspired this watercolour. 

 You are the sunshine of my life
That's why I'll always be around,
You are the apple of my eye,
Forever you'll stay in my heart

I feel like this is the beginning,
Though I've loved you for a million years,
And if I thought our love was ending,
I'd find myself drowning in my own tears

You are the sunshine of my life,
That's why I'll always stay around,
You are the apple of my eye,
Forever you'll stay in my heart

You must have known that I was lonely,
Because you came to my rescue,
And I know that this must be heaven,
How could so much love be inside of you?

 Love has joined us,
Love has joined us,
Let's think sweet love

I hope that even a small part of the emotion in these lyrics comes across in the painting.

Ona

11 comments:

  1. Fantástico trabajo. Enhorabuena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ona! What an amazing painting! Certainly the words of the song jump alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Brinda. Have a wonderful New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. You depicted the sunshine that this couple bring to each other's lives perfectly Ona. Another absolute stunner :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Ona,
    Very lovely and sweet! Your work makes veiwers happy.
    Kind regards, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Pene. I'm glad you feel that too.

    Thank you Sadami. Happy is good :)

    Thank you too Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have caught this couple to the life - what an excellent portrait. They must be so happy to see this. Well done (again) Ona.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ona, tears came to our eyes as we sat together on the couch in our condo. You captured our true love for 44 years. We thank you from our hearts.

    Steven and Darlene

    ReplyDelete