Sunday, December 30, 2012

Knit-Ted and Knot-Ted

Hope you enjoy the antics of my two latest Teds, Knit-Ted and Knot-ted who met today on Grandma's parlour table.


Knit-ted was waiting patiently in the warm sunshine for Grandma to return and sew up his foot but while he was sat there his new found friend Knot-ted, while trying to get to the jammy biscuit, became tangled in the trail of wool that was still joined to Knit-Ted's foot!  Try as this small furry Ted might to untangle himself each movement he made just made matters worse for his friend the knitted bear.


 I hope Grandma will return soon and rescue both Teds!



Thank you Christelle and Ruth for the teddy bears that inspired this painting.
Ona

8 comments:

  1. Encantadora acuarela! Feliz Año Nuevo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and a happy New year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply wonderful. I can just feel the warmth of the sunshine. Poor Knit=ted. I hope Grandma does indeed come back soon

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to give both teddies a hug! They are adorable. I love the detail in all your paintings, Ona. I wish I could watch you paint.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you too Christelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely in awe of your whimsical idea and setup of this painting -- it is beautifully executed, like many of your other pieces, but it is the careful thought that you put into setting it up that puts a smile on my face when I see it! I couldn't help but wondering where on earth did you find the knitted Teddy Bear (and the knit cover for tea pot, for that matter)? Are you yourself a knitting guru beside a very accomplished painter?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Arena, I had the idea back in october and asked a friend to Knit the teddy bear for me. The 'Tea cozy' is actually a hat in real life. I sort of 'adapted it' for my painting so the only knitting i did was in the painting :)

    ReplyDelete