Monday, February 14, 2011

Grandpa WIP 6


Its taking me a while to paint the traction engine. Its by no means technically accurate but I do want to convey a feel of the complexity of the Allchin and the skill and attention to detail that has gone into making it and keeping it in good working order. I'm having to change the lighting on the engine from the reference photo so this is taking more thought too but its gradually appearing on the paper. I hope Grandpa would be forgiving of my mistakes. The photo I am working from is very grainy.

Hopefully I will finish in the next couple of days.

Any ideas for a title?

Ona

3 comments:

  1. I am lost for words. This is exquisite in every way.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. The detail on that train is emerging beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's coming along wonderfully well Ona.

    ReplyDelete