Friday, November 12, 2010

Wings of Freedom

'Wings of Freedom' ...I'm not sure if this is going to be my final title or not. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Anyhow, here is the finished painting.

and here are some close ups of the main centres of interest. Firstly hand hand closing the canopy in anticipation of take off




and secondly Wayne's face and the reflection of what lays before him in his sunglasses



Thank you Wayne for all your help as I paint this and for your inspiration words

"I have always been drawn to activities that change the perspective of our world. Not long after my spinal cord injury in 1999, I chose to keep searching. While pursuing my single engine licence, I was introduced to gliding.

From that first flight I knew there would be no other sensation to parallel the freedom of motor-less flight. Navigating as does a silent bird under pillow top clouds and being silently whisked to greater heights was intoxicating. My prey was the thermal. my reward was the dizzying heights that could be achieved and the time to see the vast landscapes that I soared above. I love the challenge that gliding presents along with the ability to leave my problems as many thousands of feet below that my skills and the day will allow."



Ona

1 comment: