Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rations WIP 2

Firstly I would like to thank you so much for all the congratulations that you have posted on the blog and sent by e mail. I really appreciate all of your support.

I've been busy painting some of the baby geese over the weekend. They are such fun to paint, their tiny fluffy bodies and their legs and feet which seem so out of proportion and then their cute faces.

I have now finished 4 of the 6 goslings so let me introduce them to you by showing you this close up of the finished section of the painting.



You have already met the good little gosling on the left who is patiently letting her brothers and sisters have their turn. Beside her is the eager gosling who is more than a little determined to have more than his fair share. Next to him is his brother who has toddled a long way to get his share of the rations. His wings are outstretched because they just seem to help maintain balance whilst trying to walk. His younger sister on the far right really would like some food too but the whole business of standing up is prooving to be quite difficult.

As you can see below I have the two geese on the far left hand side still to paint. Hopefully I will get then done over the next couple of days..



Ona

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful. I am about to walk out the door for my appointment and your email notification came up so........ here I am :D

    Fabulous painting, and I love the meaning. I hope you write a blurb for the back of the painting.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, there are not enough superlatives to do justice to your work!! All I can do is admire how you bring your paintings to life in amazing increments! thank you so much for sharing it with us!!
    hap

    ReplyDelete