Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Homecoming

It's taken a while but i've finally finished the Kettlewell painting. Before I show you I thought I would let you see Doug's reference photo and explain how i decided to use it.



I wanted to change the composition slightly so that the sheep had somewhere to walk. Its so useful having google steet view just to be able to add in the extra parts of the building on the left hand side.

I also wanted to change the light direction and general feel of the scene. I was imagining a time late on a summer's afternoon when the light turns that wonderful golden colour. I decided to take out all of the modern day extras and even make a road appear more rural without the road markings. I just wanted that relaxed feel to the piece, away from the hustle and bustle of modern day living.

so this is my finished painting.



Ona

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous painting. I do love that you chose to leave a lot out - modern day man has no place in this gorgeous painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed looking at the changes you made and your finished painting is lovely. It has a very peaceful feel to it.

    ReplyDelete