Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Love on the Rocks


The lyrics of the well known song by Neil Diamond was my inspiration for this painting.

'Love on the rocks
Ain't no big surprise
Just pour me a drink
And I'll tell you my lies
Yesterday 's gone
Now all I want is a smile.....' 

The background tells the story of first their passionate romance on the purple A side of the record and then the break up on the blue B side. I wanted the standing glass with the wonderful refraction of the two lovers dancing on the A side of the record to be the first focal point and then as we begin to look more closely for our eyes to wander down to the more distorted images of them at the back of the fallen glass and then forwards following the flow of the melted ice leading finally to the lonely man from the B side of the record walking dejectedly away in the puddle on the floor.
 
Transparent Watercolour 20.5 by 26 inches

6 comments:

  1. I like that you have a signature look (with the colors) and always have a story to tell. Your paintings are not only beautifully painted, but always so imaginative. Here's another winner for you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I have used these colours for a few of the music series now. Hopefully it will help tto tie the series together visually when they are displayed as a whole

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible painting! It is so complex It is almost mesmerizing. It would be great to see it at its real size. Well done, Ona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! This is AMAZING Ona!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete