Monday, August 25, 2014

Featured Artist

I am the featured Artist this week on the 'Art on the Hill' Richmond Hill Studio Tour Blog.

This is the feature I wrote. I hope you will enjoy it too

I am taking a break from painting this week as I prepare for the Studio Tour. I have matted about 15 paintings and am in the process of framing them. I have also been creating the designs for many new art cards.

This year my theme for the tour is going to be based on our senses. My section of the tour will be designed to encourage visitors to discover the art through many senses not just our sight.  So if you live in southern Ontario, come and visit me at Boynton House on Richmond Green on the 17th 18th or 19th of October and see how many of your 5 senses you end up using or see being used in the paintings or drawings. There will even be nibbles to tempt your sense of taste and music to listen to as you look around.  I often use music as an inspiration for my paintings or to help me set the mood as I paint. I will have some of the music playing so maybe you can identify which music I listened to for some of the pieces on display.

My popular demand I have also been designing Ted series bookmarks. I can't wait to get James to print them on canvas and varnish them. They will be ready for sale in time for the Studio Tour and yes, I will be selling them on line too Have you got a favourite?


Ona
 

1 comment: