Friday, August 8, 2014

Developing the background

My new painting is still in its very early stages but I thought you might enjoy a sneak peak at what I am working on. Over the last week I have been creating the effect of a night sky with twinkling stars and a glowing moon. It will form the backdrop to a piece that was inspired by this quote by Plato

'Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything'



  For those of my followers who are artists the colours I used  in the background were indigo, carbazole violet,  Moonglow, Manganese blue, Thalo turquoise, Winsor blue and quin violet. I also used a whole pot of masking fluid! 


For any musician, I would like to use a musical term as my title for this piece. I want something that suggests movement, flight, the giving of life and with feeling. let me know either by e mail or as a comment here if you have any suggestions :)

Ona

2 comments:

  1. what about volante, that means flight?

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's one thats on my list of possibles Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete