I have finally managed to get the Teddy's varnished and framed. There are actually two paintings because I wanted to be able to paint a second following my own instructions to see if they were clear enough. This was a great exercise because it helped me to see the process from a different point of view and to then fill in any missing gaps in my explanations. It also helped me to realise the points where you might all panic thinking this is never going to work so i will hopefully be able to reassure you at these points :) I am now busy writing my script for the DVD and will then begin the process of editing all the video clips and photos and compiling it all... I think I have a summer long project ahead of me :)
I thought you might like to see the two versions.... Its a bit like the game 'spot the differences' for although they are both pretty much the same there will always be small changes that make each painting unique. Both are varnished with liquitex satin varnish. I just love the effect it has on the painting as it really seems to enhance the texture of the paper and give the painting a rich glow. The colours are not acurate in these photos but they do give you an idea of the effect the satin varnish creates and the overall effect of the gallery wrap.
The first painting I have left as a bare gallery wrap. I've simply then added two D rings to the two sides and attached some wire to them.
The second I have put in a floater frame. The canvas then sits inside this frame with the sides still partially visible.
I have my next two paintings already drawn on the watercolour paper and stretched onto boards ready to paint. Hopefully I'll feel up to beginning one of them this week.