Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Watching progress!


Here is my daughter Rebecca taking a look at my progress so far.  I hope the photo gives you some sense of the scale of the painting. I really like working this size. It really helps you to become absorbed in the feeling/emotion of the painting as you paint.

It was a lot of fun yesterday creating the wispy hair blowing in the breeze and the golden brown colour that her hair goes in the summer sun. I still have the bottom section of hair to paint but the tricky sections are done.

I'm still trying to think of a title for this painting. So far the ones I like best are:

1. Sky High
2. 'On top of the world' or 'looking down on creation'
3. J'Imagine

 Any thoughts on these or other ideas are, as always, greatly appreciated :)

I probably won't get around to posting an update again until afer Christmas so I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

Ona

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Ona......she is surely sailing above the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is breathtaking Ona.....I so love your creativity as well as your painting skills...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Ona. A breath of fresh air

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, breath-taking, as has already been said.
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much. You are the best :) I will think about all the lovely title ideas you have given me on here and facebook and hope to make a decision by the time the painting is finished. (fingers crossed)

    Ona

    ReplyDelete
  6. It takes my breath away!!! Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ona, beautiful daughter, beautiful painting coming to into its own before our eyes. It is such a pleasure to view your hard work and read your blog.

    Wishing you and your family all the best of the Christmas Season and coming New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ann. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New year too.

    Ona

    ReplyDelete