Thursday, December 29, 2011

Imagine

After a lot of thought, I've decided to call this painting ‘Imagine’

The John Lennon song has been in my mind today as I finished the last details on her dress. The words just seem to fit with Rebecca’s thoughts about the world. The title also takes us back to my initial request for her to imagine when I took the photo of her sat on the stool. Lastly it  leaves it very open for us all to interpret in different ways. For some it might be imagining her swinging on a star, for others flying and looking down at the clouds, for others just feeling the breeze on our own skin and the warmth of the sun on our faces, and for some imagining a world below the clouds where people live in peace and harmony.


 I wanted to keep that soft dream like quality to it, so haven’t used any bold bright colours. I did want to add some sense of excitement/ joy to it though and for this reason played with the compliments blue/orange and purple /yellow in the painting rather than pick a more analogous colour palette.

 
Hope this close up helps you to see more of the details.

Ona

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! other than this. I'm lost for words

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, and it was so good to see the process, thank you for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, so ethereal and peaceful.
    Abe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kate, Fernando and Abe.

    Ona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, Ona and want to wish you a very Happy 2012 Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ann. Happy New Year to you too :) I'm really looking forward to the challenges ahead and to continue to learn watercolour. It is so exciting and full of endless posibilities to explore.

    ReplyDelete