Sunday, August 14, 2011

Warning... painting flowers can be dangerous to your health!


Today, while painting the middle of the flower  I tipped almost black water right over my beautiful sunny yellow painted sunflower petals. How, I hear you ask? Well, I was painting the dark middle of the sunflower, sneezed and knocked the dirty water over. I know my paintings are realistic but I think I might have taken it too far this time. I seem to have created the look and feel of the pollen so much so that it made me sneeze... Oh well, I guess I will have to paint those petals all over again on a fresh piece of paper.
I have had some productive parts of the day too. My two paintings 'Meh' and 'Identity' are now framed and ready to be shipped.  I've taken two quick photos of them in their frames this evening for you to see.

Identity is in a black metal frame. I don't usually like dark frames but for this one it just seemed to work.
 
and Meh is in a silver frame. I love the way Alex's eyes seem to follow you around the room as he stares at you. Its doesnt matter where you are... he is watching (grin)
I get to enjoy both on my wall for a week or so. 'Meh' needs to be shipped to California in a weeks time and 'Identity' to Pennsylvania early September.
Ona

8 comments:

  1. argh... how annoying that the water went everywhere :( So sorry you have to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your painting, you have chosen impressive color...
    flowers to pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating Ona!
    These look very well framed! I think my next challenge will have to be portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kehkshan.

    Pat and Brinda, at least I'm getting practice painting petals. I'm in the process of drawing it out again. Hopefully I can start painting it again tomorrow.

    Ona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaaaaaw sorry about your sunflower painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats ok JJ. The next version is so much better. I guess it was a sneeze for a reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ona I am getting ready to frame a couple of pieces for an art show. Would you have any suggestions as to good frame companies you use? Also do you use museum glass or acrylic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jeanne,

    I use a local company here in the GTA now because shipping to Canada is so expensive from the US. I also need to be able to get frames cut for me quickly and my local supplier will cut the frames to size as i wait. If you are in the US though American Frame are very reasonable. Dan Smith also do custom framing supplies and Dick Blick do a small selection. Hope this helps. Good luck

    Ona

    ReplyDelete