Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sunworship WIP 2... petal by petal





I thought it was about time I shared my progress with you. It's slow going at the moment but every petal done is one less still to do. You just cant put emotion in a petal like you can a person so it doesn't hold my interest as much. It's mostly just an exercise in handling the light and shadow on and through the petals.

It was a steep learning curve for me working out what colours to use at the underpinning stage and which colours need to be glazed on top to create the right effect but its good to step away from your comfort zone sometimes. As you can see I am now working along the back row of petals on the actual painting. I'm quite pleased with my progress so far. My reward for finishing the back row will be to paint my other sunworshipper.  I'm really looking forward to this part :) I've kept the background very plain but have used it to accentuate the feeling of light and to create the feel of a summers day.

Ona

4 comments:

  1. Love seeing your process and am excited to see the progression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann, Pat and JJ. Hopefully I'll get a couple more petals painted today :)

    Ona

    ReplyDelete