Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sun Worship...take 2!


There was definitely a sense of Déjà vu as I was drawing this out for the second time. Painting the petals though was a lot easier the second time around... I decided to play on the theme of the light a lot more this time and really develop the feeling of strong sunshine with its corresponding shadows. I'm still struggling to get a decent colour balance in the photo. My, the camera does not like yellows!

As you can see I have also changed the composition a little. I realised as I was painting my attempt one that some of the sunbather would be in shadow so I have chosen a different position so that she is lying in the sunlightlight. Crossing fingers, toes and anything else I can think of now that I don't knock the water over again as I begin the middle section... no pollen this time... Its banned!!!  :)

Ona

3 comments:

  1. Ona, I love this theme with the sunflower and sun bather. Magnificent!
    Carol B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a tragedy but you came back with a great look in this second start. Your paintings look beautiful, matted and framed. Hope they sell to someone who really appreciates your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. Its slowly taking shape. I'll try to post an update soon.

    Ona

    ReplyDelete