Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sun Worship ... no sneezes this time!

 Luckily painting the middle section of the sunflower went without mishap this time. There are a couple more petals left to do but the sunflower part at least in nearly complete.

After looking at some more sunflowers in the florists I decided to paint the variety with a lighter  middle section. To me the warmer yellows and orange/reds just seem to convey the warmth of the sun more than the variety with the darker middles. I might need to go a little darker in this section but I am going to wait to decide until I have completed all the petals.

Ona

4 comments:

  1. Getting better and better, Ona.....just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol. I love this stage when it really starts to look as I imagined it.

    Ona

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will make a wonderful picture Ona!

    ReplyDelete