Sunday, June 26, 2011

Spectator!!

Here is my latest painting. The painting is based on a photo that I took last summer at the Canadian International Airshow. My son was volunteering there so we were given free VIP tickets. Watching the planes was great but people watching for me was even more fun.

I wanted to capture both the airshow and the people in a painting because to me this symbolizes the whole essance of an airshow...It is no good having the spectacle of the airshow itself set against the dramatic backdrop of the Toronto skyline without the people watching it. 



Ona

5 comments:

  1. You do such an amazing job of painting skin. Very creative idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fascinating idea. Yes, it really DOES capture the essance of an airshow. Superb!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. supernatural...
    that is, the painting is super and so natural...
    amazing picture with lifelike colors and a grand idea behind it...
    congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Ona. The reflections mirrored in the sunglasses are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete