Thursday, June 9, 2011

2011 Art Cure Exhibition Acceptance!

I had some more good news this morning. Both of the paintings that I entered in the Art Cure Exhibition which will take place in Aurora during  next couple of weeks have been accepted. The 2011 Art Cure Exhibition will be held at Aurora Cultural Centre, 22 Church Street, Aurora from June 18-26th. The theme of the show is exploring art as an instrument of Healing. This is a show which includes all mediums of art work. The two paintings that I have had accepted are 'When you need a friend' and 'Guardian of Ra'. If you would like to see these and the other paintings that will be in the exhibition click here.
  I have also finished the second commission that I have been working on. I was commissioned to paint this to mark the welcoming of the girl in the painting, who has been adopted, into the family. So here she is with her new brother. My clients wanted a fairly formal studio look background to the painting with a slightly informal feel with the boys arm around the girl. Apparently he is a bit mischeivious so I tried to put a twinkle in his eye. The girl is full of life and is always ready to say hi to anyone. 
Ona

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the show. Beautiful portrait of the children. I can't imagine they are not going to be anything other than thrilled with it.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete