Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Long House WIP 3

 The background of this scene is now basically finished. I will need to do a couple more washes in certain areas to bring some of the furs and grasses into the smokey haze once they are painted, especially around the top grasses which will darken the mid top section a little more but other than this the basic atmosphere is created.

 As a whole the process went quite smoothly. There are some things I would do differently if I painted it again (more in the creation rather than altering the final effect) but thats all part of the learning experience isn't it. Glazing certainly works well for creating a smoky atmosphere. I'm really pleased with the effect. I need to do a bit of tidying up now before I begin to put in the grasses, furs, pillars and curtained doorway.

Ona

1 comment: