Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lab adore WIP 6

Thanks again for your positive comments by e mail.



I have finally finished my son and am now beginning the initial colour wet on wet washes on the face of Harry my dog. This is just to establish the lights and darks and colour variations in the fur. Its amazing when you start to really look at black fur how many colours you can see. I have used Paynes grey, ultramarine blue, sepia, raw umber and ivory black. I am going to use a black pen to draw in the fur on top of this so this will merely be what shows through. I have painted his eyes in detail and will now begin adding the fur from the eyes outwards.

Ona

2 comments:

  1. I continue to be in awe of your painting ability. Your son's freckles are just a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki. He actually has a lot more freckles but just asked me to do a suggestion of them in the painting. They are actually very easy to do. I just used a fairly juicy mix of raw umber and then wet his face with plain water and let it almost dry and then using a small brush splogged them in. The slightly damp paper avoided any really hard edges.

    Ona

    ReplyDelete