Monday, January 26, 2009

A Cat Commission

I have just finished a commissioned painting of a cat called Yorkie. He thought he was the master and owned whatever he set his eyes on especially if it was pink and was where you wanted to sit. He was a big softy but definitely had what my client described as 'catitude'.

This was a tough assignment because the photographs that my client had of the cat were only small and much of the detail was lost. This was the photo that I used as my reference photo


Unfortunately Yorkie died last year so another photo was not possible. So to fill in the missing gaps I asked many questions and with the help of my client I was able to finish the painting. So here is my painting of Yorkie sat on his favorite pink chair... 'A Cat with Catitude '





Thank you Ann for being so patient with me and answering all my questions so carefully and thoughtfully. I hope you and your sister will enjoy the painting for many years to come.

Ona

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on this, considering the lack of good photos to use for him. I have just discovered your blog and am enjoying going back and seeing past posts - you are very talented. Do stop by my blog to see a surprise for you and your passion for painting.

    ReplyDelete